Support and engage in cutting-edge research into our maritime history.
- Gain access to our Dorset wrecks database of over 1500 wrecks and sidescan sonar data.
- Participate in projects researching specific shipwreck sites.
- Get information on wrecks country-wide from our wreck information service.
- Come out and see Britain’s foremost wreck-hunting ship, Coastal Guardian, in action.
- See sidescan sonar and terrain mapping research in action, and view the sea-bed live with our drop camera.
- Attend talks on aspects of our maritime history and receive our monthly newsletter.
Enjoy a variety of social events.
- Attend our social evening at in venues around the country.
- Re-live Christmas from a bygone era at our Christmas party in Weymouth’s 17th century old town hall.
- Join our trips to maritime history sites.
If you are a diver, get involved in our exploratory wreck diving.
- Join our UK member-only dive trips throughout the year on Wey Chieftain 4.
- Dive the exclusive sites found through SWP research.
- Join one of our project team to which we dedicate access to specific wreck sites.
- Get involved in our UK and foreign destination wreck-exploration trips.
- Receive discounts on equipment servicing, kit hire and air/nitrox.
Full annual membership £85
- Subscription available on-line allowing rapid access to all member benefits.